27 July 2010

Beer Garden: Presidente

It's taco night here at Casa JJ. Not upscale tacos with pickled red onions and radishes on the side (sorry Rick Bayless, but I've been at work all day). But tacos like we had when I was a kid: grated sharp cheddar, sour cream, guac, homemade salsa, shredded lettuce and seasoned ground beef (if all those people that call me a food snob could see me now). We have both flour and corn tortillas. I heat them in the microwave instead of frying them in oil . Why the big deal about tacos? This was my birthday meal when I was a kid (no it's not my birthday today) and I remember the oil and taco seasoning running down my arms - great fun! Tacos and pecan pie - what a mix... it was what I wanted every year, now that sounds kinda ick. 
Now when I make tacos, I want a light beer that's refreshing so I go for something from a hot country and this time, it's Presidente from the Dominican Republic.
Thoughts: This is a nice pils with a clean finish and little aftertaste with 5% alcohol, it's pretty tame stuff, perfect when it's hot out (currently 90.5 degrees and 60% humidity and rising - and it's 7:00pm in the evening - ugh). Good beer decision. 
Six Pack Score: 4.5 bottles



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say if you must.

Don't be rude.