03 January 2012

Christmas Cooking - Pecan Tassies

Pecan Tassies are vital to Christmas for me. I make them throughout the winter and into the early spring, but never summer. I'm not sure why.


Pecan Tassies

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 lg eggs
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat cream cheese and butter until blended, add flour and mix to incorporate and pat into disk, cover with plastic and chill for at least an hour.
Lightly beat eggs, add sugar and vanilla, stir in pecans Press dough by teaspoon into mini muffin cups, fill with pecan sugar mixture to within 1/4" of top of dough cups. Bake 25-28 minutes.



Bench Notes: I think this was originally from a Southern Living magazine, but could
not swear on that. Either way, I can make them in my sleep, I've been making them for so long - at least since about 1987. Forever ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say if you must.

Don't be rude.