25 March 2010

White Soda Bread

I've been a bread chicken - too afraid to try especially if it involves yeast, so I finally decided to try thanks to St. Patrick's day. Recipes abounded for soda bread, but many involved currents or raisins or caraway seeds - blech. I finally found a recipe where the odd stuff was optional and had the bonus of including all things that I already had at home. cool.
Last year I bought a copy of Bread Baker's Apprentice, but I've yet to crack the book It just seems daunting. But I'm strongly encouraged by my experience this week. Let's just put it this way... I started Shallot Confiture - the beginning of a four day process, made dinner, and made fresh bread all in the same night - damn skippy - that's impressive. At least to me.


Recipe is here - since I can't post it w/out breaking the law... 


Comments from the Counter:
I used a little more than 1.5 cups of buttermilk, but it worked out okay.
My first bread. Cool.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say if you must.

Don't be rude.