05 March 2012

Rosemary Salt

Rosemary from my garden
Okay, okay, this is the last one ... well, we'll see.
I wish blogs had smell-o-blog, because fresh rosemary from the garden is so amazing. My little rosemary plant started out life in its cute four inch pot. It's been in the west bed for going on nine years now and been cut back severely twice and is still about three feet tall and two feet deep and four feet long - if that makes any sense - suffice it to say - it's rather large.


1/3 cup rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
1 Tbs lemon zest
1/3 cup Kosher salt



Mix rosemary with half of the salt and cut both until the rosemary was finely minced. Add the lemon zest and the rest of the salt. Mix well. Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 225 degrees for half an hour.
It's pretty easy going and smells incredible. I plan to use this on lots of things, but might start by making it the base for herbed nuts. You could probably mix some chopped garlic in this or not use the lemon - I used it because I had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say if you must.

Don't be rude.